1.How to make a cup of herbal tea.
- Boil your water in a sauce pan or tea kettle on the stove so that it’s so hot that it quickly and easily infuses into the herbs and pulls out the properties of the herbs as well as the vitamins and minerals.
- Anyway, put about a teaspoon of herb you choose into your strainer and place it in your tea cup.
- Pour the just boiled water into your cup so that your herbs are submerged in the hot water.
- Cover your tea cup with another bowl or plate so that the steam doesn’t escape. This helps the essential oils that are in the herb not to evaporate out of your herbal tea.
- Steep your tea for 10 minutes. If you’re using roots, steep for at least 30 minutes, and sometimes you even need to simmer these on the stove over low heat.
- Take the tea strainer out of your cup. Sweeten your tea with whatever sweetener you prefer.